Cer tified Pre-Owned Program:
8 steps to properly certify a used vehicle under Subaru?s enhanced CPO program.
1. Only vehicles less than 5 years old and with less than 80,000 miles on the odometer qualify. For an example, in 2009, it would be current year, minus 5 years = 2004 eligibility.
2. Dealers must then run a Carfax report on the vehicle to further determine eligibility. Vehicles that have title problems like flood, true mileage unknown, salvage, rebuilt, total loss, etc. will not be eligible. Only Carfax reports will be accepted in the Subaru Certified Pre-Owned process.
3. The vehicle then goes to the service department to get the complete the 152 point inspection. The process is very easy and is simply ?pass or fail?. If any item fails, they will need to be corrected to be certified. Any qualified Subaru technician can complete the inspection.
4. Recondition any failed items on the inspection report.
5. Once reconditioned and detailed, the vehicle will then be made available for retail sale.
6. Basic mechanical coverage for CPO is a 6 year or 100,000 mile Powertrain plan with a zero $ deductible and Roadside assistance. There is no charge to the customer on these basic plans.
7. At the time of the sale, a customer may also decide to purchase additional upgraded coverage at an additional cost. They have 2 simple plans to choose from with special pricing: a 6/100 Classic Plan and a 6/100 Gold Plus at $0, $50, or $100 deductible. Chooses the plan that is right for you (standard or upgrade), and the application is printed up for you to sign in the finance office.
CPO Classic Upgrades: MSRP
$100 Deductible $190
$50 Deductible $450
$0 Deductible $750
CPO Gold Plus Upgrades: MSRP
$100 Deductible $550
$50 Deductible $760
$0 Deductible $1030
8. You will receive your certification contract documents within approximately 2 weeks.